Policy Effective as of July 1, 2016
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We may collect the following information about you, which may include non-public personal information:
• Information that you provide us in the course of using the Service, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit card number, date of birth and social security number, and other identification documents we may request to validate your identity for the safety and security of establishing your Account with the Service.
• To facilitate our Service, we request certain third party personal information from you such as your recipient's full name, physical address, email address, and phone number. We may also collect from you the recipient's sensitive financial information including their name, bank account and routing number.
• Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, and how you choose to pay/fund your remittance, and to whom you use the Service to send or receive money, along with the recipients collection method;
• Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services and credit reporting agencies;
• Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address, phone number and geolocation data obtained from your mobile device, the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service.
Technologies such as: COOKIES, beacons, tags and scripts are used by TRANSFAST and our partners [such as marketing, website, IVR and account verification and security verification partners], affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 and Flash to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML5 and Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, verify security, and to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.]
(Google AdSense/Adwords) We may choose to use Google AdSense to publish ads for and on this site. When you view or click on an ad a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other Web sites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Why We Collect Information
We collect information for the following purposes:
• To process your transactions
• To verify your identity
• To collect payment for your use of the Service
• To troubleshoot problems with the Service
• To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service
• To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
• To send transaction alerts to you and/or the recipient of your remittance
How We Share Information with others
We do not sell, share or rent the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including nonpublic, non-personally identifiable information) with:
• Third-party service providers under contract with TRANSFAST that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, collections, email communications, live chat and marketing. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
• Third-parties that we partner with to offer additional products and services, such as long-distance telephone minutes, but only when you elect to receive information about those additional products and services.
• In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence by placing a notice on our website.
• Law enforcement and government officials, but only in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, as well as circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, report suspected illegal activity, or investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Access to your Information
You can access, modify or update or delete your personal information submitted on our Site by logging into your account and changing your preferences. You may also contact us directly by using the contact information listed below. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit/debit card and banking/financial information) on our site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We use 128-bit data security encryption, so all information sent between your web browser and our website remains private and secure. You'll notice that the entire TRANSFAST website, even pages viewed without logging in, are served as encrypted, secure pages.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us.
The servers TRANSFAST uses to store your information are protected both physically and electronically. In addition, they reside behind a firewall and are not directly connected to the Internet. We also regularly audit our security policies to ensure the continued protection of your personal data.
All TRANSFAST employees pass financial and criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name, email address and phone number. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. TRANSFAST stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, and for tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click the "Unsubscribe" button at the end of the email to request that we remove this information from our database.
Choices You Can Make About Our Use of Your Information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
• If, after giving us your permission to share your personal information with third parties, with whom we market our jointly offered products, you later decide that you no longer want us to share such information, you may contact us by email or by mail at TRANSFAST, attn: Customer Service, 44 Wall Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10005, USA.
• You may also opt-out from promotional emails to you by accessing your E-mail Preferences & selecting the "Unsubscribe" function present in each email we send out.
Third Party Sites and Additional Policy Information
The Site may contain links to other web sites. TRANSFAST Remittance LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these other sites prior to submitting your personal information to them.
Questions, notifications, requests for refunds or further information can be sent to TRANSFAST, as follows:
Attn: Customer Service
44 Wall Street, 4th floor
New York, NY 10005, USA