Policy Effective as of May 25, 2018
This Notice provides information about data we collect, use, and share, and our commitment to using the personal data we collect in a respectful fashion.Privacy Notice Overview
Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
How Do We Collect Information?
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
By using our services, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices you may use when you use our Services, or provide to us on a web form, or when you update your information or otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. Additionally, we may collect personal information from third parties. We collect information for the following purposes:
- To process your transactions and contact you, as necessary
- To verify your identity
- To collect payment for your use of the Service
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service
- To enhance and simplify the user experience
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
We collect personal information:
- Directly provided by you when you use our Services;
- Automatically through your use of our Services;
- From using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies; and
- From other third party sources.
The information that we collect directly from you includes:
- Information that you provide us in the course of using the Service, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit card number, date of birth and social security number, and other identification documents we may request to validate your identity for the safety and security of establishing your Account with the Service.
- To facilitate our Service, we request certain third party personal information from you such as your recipient's full name, physical address, email address, and phone number. We may also collect from you the recipient's sensitive financial information including their name, bank account and routing number. If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only on their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information according to our Privacy Notice.
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, and how you choose to pay/fund your remittance, and to whom you use the Service to send or receive money, along with the recipient’s collection method.
You decide how much information to share with us in most cases, but not sharing required information may limit your ability to engage in certain activities, such as payment information required to complete a transaction.
When you use or interact with our Site and Services, we receive and store information generated by your activity, like usage data and other information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. The Information that we automatically obtain from you includes:
- Information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the Service,
- Your IP address, phone number and geolocation data obtained from your mobile device,
- The pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service.
COOKIES, beacons, tags and scripts are used by TRANSFAST and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used:
- To enhance and simplify the user experience on our home page and throughout our site, to remember users’ settings (e.g. language preference, preferred country of remittance, and for authentication); and
- To analyze trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
The information collected may include your IP address; browser type and version; preferred language; geographic location using IP address or the GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology on your device; operating system and computer platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, though, and from our Site, including date and time; and areas of our Site that you visited. We also may log the length of time of your visit and the number of times you visit and purchase or use the Services.
We may assign you one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of your future visits.
We may supplement the information we collect with personal information from third parties. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, and information obtained by identity verification services and credit reporting agencies, as allowed by applicable national laws.
Our Web site includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter buttons and Widgets or interactive mini-programs that run on our site. These Features may:
- Collect your IP address, which page you are/were visiting on our site; and
- Set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site.
We do not sell, share or rent the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including non-public, non-personally identifiable information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with TRANSFAST that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, collections, email communications, live chat and marketing. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Third-parties that we partner with to offer additional products and services, such as long-distance telephone minutes, but only when you elect to receive information about those additional products and services.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence by placing a notice on our website.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, verify security, and to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality
The Site may contain links to other web sites. TRANSFAST Remittance LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these other sites prior to submitting your personal information to them.
We may choose to use Google AdSense to publish ads for and on this site. When you view or click on an ad, a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other Web sites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: HTTP://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/PRIVACY_ADS.HTML.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via details mentioned in the Contact Us section.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name, email address and phone number. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. TRANSFAST stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, and for tracking the success of our referral program.
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
- If, after giving us your permission to share your personal information with third parties, with whom we market our jointly offered products, you later decide that you no longer want us to share such information, you may Contact Us by email or by mail
- You may also opt-out from promotional emails to you by accessing your E-mail Preferences & selecting the "Unsubscribe" function present in each email we send out.
We will honor any statutory right you may have to access, modify or erase your personal information. Where you have a statutory right you to access, modify or erase your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases and in accordance with applicable national laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
You can access, modify or update or delete your personal information submitted on our Site by logging into your account and changing your preferences. You may also contact us using the Contact Us details below.We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We protect your information using administrative, organizational, physical and technical safeguards, including firewalls and data encryption, to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Our security controls are designed to maintain an appropriate level of data confidentiality, integrity, and availability. We regularly test our website, data centers, systems, and other assets for security vulnerabilities for the continued protection of your personal data.All TRANSFAST employees pass financial and criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
TRANSFAST is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations, entities, and service providers in the United States and throughout the world, including in India. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information to countries outside of the EEA through a series of inter-company agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
TRANSFAST does not offer services to minors and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we have collected information from your child in error or have questions or concerns about our practices relating to children, please notify us using the Contact Us details below and we will promptly respond.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, or would like to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by one of the following additional methods:
In the United States by calling us at +1-888-973-6383 or by writing to us at:
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
44 Wall Street, Suite 800
New York, NY 10005, USA
In the European Economic Area by calling us at +44 (0)20 3176 2637 or by writing to us at:
Attn: The Compliance Director
Studio 116, Grand Union Studios,
332 Ladbroke Grove, London
United Kingdom, W10 5AS